This blog is currently on hiatus! Catch you in 2013!


Looking for the Save the Cat Beat Sheet for Novels? Click here!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Can you hear me now?

Monday Mayhem, special six-cats-with-diarrhea-I-am-too-tired-to-hold-my-head-up abridged edition:

1. What ticked you off last week while you were on your way somewhere?
I'm in one hellacious fight with Verizon Wireless right now that has devolved to the point where the dialogue between us could very well have been swiped from an old Looney Toon featuring Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd. Lately, it's become all too obvious to everyone involved that the absolute best case scenario is that everyone dies in an ACME explosion and we all end up playing harps whilst floating on clouds.

So last week, I'm trying to get everything squared away with that mess, and if you haven't tried to deal with Verizon ever before, let me tell you, it's like trepanning yourself with a spoon, only not as fun. I had Angela on one line saying I had to go to the store, and Brad on another line saying oh no, it had to be taken care of by customer service, but customer service had me on hold, and the guy from the FCC is sighing in my ear but I'm not about to let him go because LIKE SHIT am I going to let them get away with this again, when MY CELL PHONE RINGS and who is it?

No, really. WHO IS IT?

It's VERIZON WIRELESS, wanting to know if I'm interested in UPGRADING MY PLAN.

What came next was a string of profanities too crude to post, not because I'm ashamed, but because I'm pretty sure it would land me on the terrorist watch list.

Lesson learned: every time you tango with Verizon Wireless, THE TERRORISTS WIN.

12 comments:

  1. I've had a few issues with them. But my worst was with AT&T and now I refuse to ever had a plan with them again. The whole system is set up to squeeze every bit of money out of us. And we have little power against them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my experience, customer service is usually a nightmare. Don't know that I've reached the trepanned-with-a-spoon level of misery though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my playground. Much appreciated :) I feel for ya. You just can't win with any cell phone company if you ask me. I have filed a complaint with the FCC about AT&T. Bastards. Long story short they were continually locking my account. I kept telling them that I wasn't accessing every time they said I was. It had to be someone else. They wouldn't do anything about it. So I filed the complaint and it's funny now I haven't gotten one my account has been temporarily locked. Bastards I tell ya. LOL Made me feel good I must say :) Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. Well I'm from Canada and our phone companies aren't the greatest especially CELL PHONE COMPANIES which are just bleeding customers dry.

    Tell them:
    Your service SUCKS I want to speak to a manager. And then TELL the manager their service sucks and you're ready to leave and go to another provider!

    That should get the ball rollin

    All the best!
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only use my cell for emergencies and the occasional stalker, anyway.

    That would be me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, arguing with cell phone companies is the worst!

    Hope your cats feel better soon!!

    Randomly found your blog, btw, but will be following now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might bust a blood vessel while talking to any phone company. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my. I always knew those guys were terrorists. I'd say it's time to switch to AT&T.

    But so glad to see you've made it out in one piece. So far. Hang in there. These things usually resolve themselves eventually. But if they don't, I promise, you won't even feel your head exploding. Maybe just a tingle and then, gone.*

    *This is just a guess. I don't know this from experience.


    P.S. You are hilarious, even in your head-explodingness. Is it too early to say I heart you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, sounds frustrating!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Just wanted to wish you luck for NaNo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I call to activate an updated credit card and they try to sell me on some plan; at the carnival we call this BAIT & SWITCH. You bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SO GLAD I am not the only one who thinks Verizon (and other unethical companies) suck sweaty goat balls! VINDICATION BE MINE!

    PS, Carol, it's never too early, but be forewarned: I accidentally drank the cat's water this morning, so you might want to wait to see if I get a spirochete first. :-/

    ReplyDelete

 

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...